Friday, August 31, 2012

3x3

72"x36" acrylic on canvas

This was one of those paintings that I was inspired to paint. I felt that it would be great as a large horizontal painting.  The references were taken from a walk at Danada Equestrian Center in Wheaton IL. where my family and I frequently visit for Sunday afternoon walks. I love horses and each one is unique and fascinating in there own way. I painted them so that they are kind of morphing from white to brown to add more interest into the painting.

This is by far the largest painting I have ever done. It was very challenging, but I was determined to finish. Now, I can't wait to move onto my next subject.






11 comments:

  1. Wow ! This is a fantastic painting! Great job on the horses and everything. Love all the color in the horses. One of your very best, Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brad:) Congratulations with this beautiful peace of art! I love the composition and the movement. You can feel it was a very sunny day and see that they were having fun. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. La gran luminosidad que has conseguido me lleva al impresionismo, un impresionismo con el alma de Brad. El tema, el paisaje, esos árboles del fondo me remontan al paisajismo inglés del s XIX; sin embargo, también tienen el alma, el color, la manera de Brad. Un ejemplo de cómo beber de diferentes fuentes, puede ser una simbiosis perfecta, compatible y enriquecedora del estilo personal. Por ejemplo -imposible detallar todo lo que admiro de este cuadro con detalle-, aquí, no sólo hay caballos, un tema muy inglés, sino que, además, las miradas de los caballos tienen alma, reflejan su carácter.
    Enhorabuena, Brad. Sin duda, este reto ha merecido la pena.

    Abrazotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margarita, Thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful critique on my painting. I really appreciate what you had to say. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is truly an amazing painting, Brad. You should be so proud of this piece...each horse is unique..I can see every muscle on his body...absolutely awesome!! and gorgeous colors....Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comments and kind words, Hilda! I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  5. Wow...This is a super job, Brad!!! Those close ups really reveal your great skill!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really touching,fantastic pieces, Brad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Your work is wonderful! I am now a follower.

      Delete