Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Warren Dunes State Park



8"x10" acrylic on Canvas Board

Had a great time camping at Warren Dunes for a few days this week. I did this plein air painting on the beach. I thought it turned out well. There were a ton of people coming and going but I decided to leave them out of this one. Seagulls were flying around and they happened to land on the driftwood log in front of me. I tried to capture this in the painting. I loved the way the trees faded to a faint blue and blended into the water in the background. The trees and greenery had so much texture and variety of shape. I had fun painting this and I have really enjoyed  painting on site. It is very challenging but also very rewarding.

6 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Brad! It makes me really miss the Dunes, we used to go there every summer when I was a kid =o) This spot you chose to paint actually looks like my favorite little area of beach, too... I may have to e-mail you about how much you'd ask for for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brad this is awesome work.Love the colors and looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you captured the atmosphere in this one, Brad! Also the seagulls are mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting with wonderful blues! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I have been enjoying painting landscapes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great composition with interest and depth, Brad. Well done.

    ReplyDelete